We all know that moving is a very stressful experience. That’s why we divided a couple of simple moving techniques and stress free moving tips to make you move smoother and easier.
Lower your moving costs
Before you begin the packing process, you should look around and decide what of your belongings you really need and use. It’s amazing how much unnecessary stuff we buy over the years, so there is absolutely no point to move something that you don’t need or use. Arrange a garage sale or give clothes you don’t wear to charity. This way everyone will benefit from the move and the price that you are going to pay for your move will be a lot smaller.
Plan the moving day carefully. Getting ready to move requires some consideration. Yes, a professional moving company will move your belonging in bad weather, but it will be much less stressful if you move in a sunny day. You will prevent water damage to your boxes. Keep in mind that some old moving trucks might leak and flood some of your items while transportation. So watch the weather forecast to make your decision.
Choosing a Stress Free Moving Company
Here, at the TheMovingBlog.com we have numerous articles and tips about the painful decision of picking a reliable and stress-free moving company. Here are just the most important steps that you should follow for your hunt of the perfect mover:
- Start reading moving reviews of moving companies. Research your moving company in advance. Booking with a safer relocation provider with guarantee a stress-free moving experience for you and your family. Pick a couple of moving companies with good moving reviews and reputation.
- Check if the moving company that you want to hire is FULLY licensed. Thrust me, you don’t want to deal with an unlicensed movers. This is the most important stress free moving tip. Going with an unlicensed mover might cause you a lot of troubles, money and delays.
- Check if you are FULLY insured. That way you won’t end up paying for a broken TV. You can purchase moving insurance from most professional moving companies. This will cover your most expensive items you’ve declared.
- Check if your company is a BBB mover. Call your local Better Business Bureau office and check if there are any serious complaints against your mover.
- Finally if you are sure that your movers is licensed, insured and there are no scaring complaints against it, you could start asking for free moving estimates. But remember, you don’t have to pick the lowest moving estimate you have received. If a moving cost estimate is considerably lower than the others you have received, then you should think twice before hiring that mover. An extremely low moving estimate often brings hidden charges during the move and unexpected delays.
Collecting moving supplies
Buying moving supplies and moving boxes is the next big step of moving. Contact your moving company and ask them to provide to you with packing supplies. Ask them for their supplies price list and decide if you are doing to let them pack everything or if you are going to do the packing yourself. You will need boxes in different sizes, markers to label the boxes and off course bubble-wrap for all fragile items.
Start packing early
The last tip for your successful stress free move is to start packing early. Make a moving checklist and start packing at least two or three weeks before the move. That way the chance of forgetting something is very small.
If you are moving to Boston or out of Boston, then you should check out BostonMoversUSA.com, FULLY licensed and Insured Boston Movers with affordable moving services. Check our Houston moving guide if you are moving within Texas.
Posted on Mar 17, 2010; Last updated: Jan 30, 2015
Find Best Movers Near You - Local & Long Distance Movers Reviews
Select your state below: