Are you looking forward to moving your home? Sometimes our car is really important for us because it has high value or we just feel comfortable with it and want to take it everywhere with us. Are you relocating any time soon with your automobile? If you want to take your car with you on the move, there are a few things that you need to know in order to prepare it correctly. For that purpose we’ve prepared a list with some easy and very useful tips that will allow you to get your vehicle up and ready for the move, hassle free.
Simple Tips For Packing Your Car
- Inspect your car carefully.Before you get it ready for the move, it should be explored in detail. Packing your car for a move will really be successful if you know all the faults it has. Since it will be a while from the moment you give it to the movers up to when you take it, you need to be aware. When the movers take your car, you will inspect it together and note down and defects like dents and scratches. This is very important because when you get your car back there will be a second inspection to see if any damages have occurred. If you first inspection was detailed enough, during the second one you will see if your car has new damages.
- Empty your vehicle. There should be no luggage hanging around in your car or in the trunk during the move. Items left inside could get damaged, and they could cause damages to your car. Besides, the movers will never take your car if there are objects inside that are able to move freely while the vehicle is in motion. If you want to leave stuff inside the trunk for moving, consult the moving company first.
- Remove moveable objects from it like radio or antenna. All items in or outside your car that could detach from it are a potential danger for the car because they could detach and cause damages, or break.
- Moving locally is easier. You could prepare your car and drive it yourself. Select luggage that is essential to you and load it into the car. Remember to also think about your own health and safetyin the meantime, not just your car’s. If your family is coming along, you need to decide how much space you will have left for any luggage. Using your car to move is convenient for shorter distances, and you could stop any time you want, eat at any restaurant that you want and take a room for the night at any hotel that you decide. And you don’t have to think about local transportation. Such a way to move when relocating short distance could save you a bit of time.
- For a cross country move you could choose to have your car shipped or to hire a driver to take it there. If you want your car to be taken somewhere, you could also ask friends to help. Both scenarios have their pros and cons. If you have your auto shipped, you will be able to protect it from the journey it will have to take otherwise. In case you choose to have your car driven to your new home, it will be exposed to mud and dirt on the road, the weather conditions, and a very long trip will wear it down to some extend. If you car is going to be shipped, you have a choice between an open and closed container. The open container is cheaper, but the closed container provides better protection. If your auto is more pricey, it is advisable that you use a closed trailer.
- Choose the movers carefully. You need a reputable, reliable car moving company. This is a good option because movers can help you organize your move. Read some reviews, get some quotes and make your choice carefully. Here is a one good source for that purpose which could offer free quotes, lots of reviews, free quotes, and the largest online database in the USA with real moving company reviews – a website worth checking out. Inform yourself of the hidden costs of the moving companies. Just choose a moving date that is convenient for them as well, i.e. they are available then.
- And even if you have a big move to organize, remember to try and keep your sense of humor during the move – it will help you to keep not just your mood but also your friends’ or movers’.
These are the basic steps to follow when packing a car for moving. Use it as an easy guide for your upcoming move and prepare the rest of the details around your relocation. We wish you good luck with your move!
Posted on Aug 8, 2015
Find Best Movers Near You - Local & Long Distance Movers Reviews
Select your state below: