San Francisco, California, is one of the most populous cities in the state (after LA, San Diego & San Jose) and in the country as well. It’s located at the north end of the San Francisco Peninsula. It has a population of about 850,000 people and is also known as the Paris of the West and the City of the Bay. There are a few islands that are also part of the city – Yerba Buena Island, Alcatraz, Treasure Island, and parts of Red Rock Island, Angel Island, and Alameda Island. There are more than 50 hills in the city, and many neighborhoods are named after the hill they are located on. And there are also many other interesting facts about the city, but we will name just a few to take you there and show you why it is worth considering relocating to San Francisco, CA.
Top 10 Reasons To Move To San Francisco
- Not all of it is foggy.San Francisco is also known as the Fog City and not without a reason. The fog is a typical feature of the city, it is called Karl, and it appears the least in the late summer and early fall when the temperatures reach their peak, and in the eastern neighborhoods. Actually, this is one of the things many people in San Francisco like. Logically, you can not expect many days with sunshine during which you can go to the beach to get some sun tan. It is also good to know that weather is not constant – it could be warm in the morning and it could get cool in the afternoon so always have your jacket with you when you go out.
- It is a very beautiful place. Even with the fog. That is why one of its nicknames is “Paris of the West”. San Francisco is worth seeing and experiencing. There are many things to enjoy and that is why choosing how to spend a few days off from work could be a difficult task.
- You can ditch the high heels. Walking around the city hills could be tough with them so get comfy and put your marathon shoes on, so that you could really feel comfortable in the city.
- There are so many cultural events early that you wouldn’t believe. In other words, there is something for everyone here. Many people in San Francisco enjoy wearing costumes and often times when you go down the street you will wonder if this is how they usually dress or if it is a costume.
- If you have a dog, you will love San Francisco. And your dog will, too. There are parks in every neighborhood with dog-friendly areas.
- A healthy way of life is the easiest thing to do around here.There is a lot of healthy food that farmers’ markets offer. There are many restaurants in the city and many of them offer healthy food. There are a lot of sports clubs which you could join and many people do it. So, being fit is the easiest thing you could do in SF.
- Do you like yoga? After it became popular with the New Age movement still many places are open and work. Even Terminal Two of the San Francisco International Airport will offer you a special yoga room so you won’t have to interrupt your practice while on the road. Cool, isn’t it?
- Being a bicyclist has never bean easier. With lots of bike lanes and bike parking areas, you will soon find out that cars, buses and metro are not always the fastest way to move around the city. Not to mention their impact on the environment and on people’s health.
- Wine is typical of the culture of Northern California, so you may find out that one glass of wine daily may fit you perfectly as well.
- People in San Francisco are friendly, they like their city and are proud of it. So who knows – you could soon also be one proud citizen of the Fog City as well.
How To Move To San Francisco Tips
When preparing to move to San Francisco, remember to consider using a moving company. Moving does not have to be hard and a relocation company could assist you and make things much easier for you. Get a free quote now to check out the possible cost for your move. It is good to use moving help, especially if you are relocating to San Francisco from a different state. We hope that these 10 reasons to relocate there will challenge your curiosity to want to know more. In the meantime, TheMovingBlog.com offers a lot of free articles on moving which you could use to prepare for your upcoming relocation.
Do you know San Francisco? If you are a native to the city, let us know what you like about it, by making a comment bellow. Thank you!