Organizing a moving is a time consuming job. Lots of things need to be done. Xpress Movers is a reputable moving company which offers a solution.
A list of all the services, companies and people you might want to inform prior to your move
There is a lot of work to be done before the moving day.
- Having all of the house services like Electric, Gas, Water etc. canceled for your old home is something you need to do in advance.
- You need to do the same thing with your accounts.
Some regional banks do not have locations near your new place or even your new state. You need to research a convenient bank to switch to and open an account.
- Do the same with the Car insurance agency, personal or business broker, accountant and any other people that you and your business rely on.
- Government Offices to visit before moving
Do not forget to notify the social security office and the Department of Motor Vehicles about your move. If you are moving interstate, you might want to have the nearest Department of Motor Vehicles office address ready as this is one of the first places you need to visit when you get to the new location.
- Make sure you do not expect any deliveries on your old moving address after you leave.
This notification moving checklist is very helpful. Since you are busy with work and lots of personal things this list will help you, so you don’t miss a thing before the moving day. The file is provided for free to all visitors of The Moving Blog:
Organize your time when you are relocating, so you can do all the jobs in time. Having a notification moving list will make easier the whole relocation. You should execute every check of the list precisely. Do not underestimate any of the steps during the moving process.
Posted on Jun 6, 2009; Last updated: Jan 30, 2015
Find Best Movers Near You - Local & Long Distance Movers Reviews
Select your state below: